Job Title: Product Specialist
Internally this job is titled: Product Configuration Specialist
Department: Operation Project Management
Job status: Full time/Permanent
As a Product Specialist, you will work within the Operations Project Management (OPM) team. The OPM team is responsible for Project Management of Operations strategic initiatives and the Product Management of player facing and back-office tools used by teams across the Operations departments, and in some cases for other internal and external customers.
As Product Specialist, you will have the opportunity to work with both Product and Project managers in the OPM team. You will have access to our users across all products and you will have an input, in the configuration and maintenance of a variety of our tools, you will assist development initiatives, performing user testing, collating and analysing user feedback, and contributing to report and research projects.
You will be working closely with end users, managers, department heads, in the administration of user privileges and memberships, as well as process configurations and improvements. Also you will also work closely with the respective Product Owners/Managers to assist them in identifying areas of necessary software improvement or development, users’ needs and potential bugs.
This is primarily a software administration role but with scope of getting involved in the lifecycle of Product Management and Development.
• Liaise with internal stakeholders to identify, clarify tool and execute configuration requirements
• Manage the configurations of internal tools (e.g. Customer Email Tools, Back Office Tools, etc)
• Manage user profiles and privileges in a variety of back office tools (e.g. JIRA, Confluence, survey tools, etc)
• Analyse stakeholder workflows and report potential gaps to management
• Identify potential process and product improvements
• Assist in the identification and investigation of bug reports
• Assist in report and usage tracking requests
• Perform and analyse internal user surveys
As an investor in our people, we will provide you with a comprehensive training course specifically tailored to aid you in your new job as Product Configuration Specialist. All we ask is that you meet the following criteria:
• The successful candidate must have good relevant experience gained in a technical support related role within an internet / online based company, working with software admin tools and systems
• Educated to degree level in computer science or another technology related discipline OR demonstrable technical experience such that they can work comfortably with product managers, data analysts, and make tool configurations
• Ability to manage and prioritise high volumes of responsibilities autonomously, without delays in deliverables
• Strong aptitude in understanding business requirements and internal processes
• Strong relationship management skills – ability to communicate and relate to business users across the company
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Superb attention to detail
The following credentials are a distinct advantage, but not essential for the role:
• Experience working with software admin tools and databases
• Experience in working within regulatory frameworks and compliance
• Keen interest and knowledge of programming and software development
“The best Company I have ever worked for: I have been working at The Stars Group full-time (More than a year). Great people, great benefits and amazing perks. The Company genuinely values its employees. Fun products. Amazing offices. Inspirational Leaders who are passionate about the brand and the product. Really friendly and down to earth CEO. My boss is great!” - Glass Door - published Jan 2015.
Follow instructions to apply directly. We will aim to get back to you within 14 days of applying. If you meet the criteria you will be invited to complete written assessments, followed by a phone discussion and finally face-to-face/Skype interview.
Company related links
The Stars Group Careers Page: http://www.starsgroup.com/careers/index
The Stars Group Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/WorkAtTheStarsGroup/
The Stars Group LinkedIn Page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/starsgroup
• Focus on the customer
• Work as a team
• Strive for excellence
• Have courage
• Show passion
Stars Interactive is a division of The Stars Group, ultimate owner of industry leading gaming brands including PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, PokerStars Championship, PokerStars Festival and MEGASTACK. Collectively, these brands have more than 111 million registered customers, forming one of the largest online gaming businesses in the world. We provide gaming experiences designed to make our platforms the favourite iGaming destinations for customers everywhere. This role is in the Group’s Sofia service office in the Operation department.