Our web team is looking for passionate, innovative Software Developers who are keen to work on projects for innovative web based products used by millions of players. You will be developing and maintaining systems that strive to be the best in class. If you enjoy working with code, learning new technologies on the cutting edge and are motivated by working in a creative environment, our role is designed for you. As a member of the team you will help implement solutions to business needs. You will also maintain our existing systems, develop new system applications and improve functionality to ensure high quality in any software releases. You will also become an expert in technologies that drive internet giants like Twitter and Netflix.
• Collaborate with other engineers and architects to develop highly scalable distributed systems that handle high volumes of financial and gaming transactions in a high load environment.
• Implement, document and unit test code that implements the functionality required by the business to meet business objectives.
• Coordinate with load testing and QA teams and work with them together as a team to produce quality software with 99.999% uptime.
Skills and Capabilities
• Bachelor’s or Masters Degree in either Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics
• At least 2 years developing backend REST software.
• Firm understanding of object oriented and functional programming.
• Well versed in Java 8, including streams and lambdas.
• Experience with SQL and writing performant complex queries.
• Not just willingness but eagerness to learn new technologies and techniques that are cutting edge including functional programming for distributed systems, actor systems.
• Understanding of REST as well as Web Socket based infrastructures including HTTP 2.0.
• Eagerness to work in a team and as a team to solve problems but also work on your own without micromanagement.
• Solid communication skills including excellent English language skills, solid writing skills and solid people skills.
• Knowledge of Gaming industry is a big advantage.
• Good working knowledge of any of Erlang, Elixir, Scala and Akka
• Focus on the customer
• Work as a team
• Strive for excellence
• Have courage
• Show passion
The salary for this job is based on experience, so whilst we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and also like to throw in a discretionary annual performance bonus. In addition, we provide advice and financial relocation assistance to those moving to Bulgaria.
We offer health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address). In addition, you are entitled to a personal allowance interest which encourages our employees to upskill themselves or pursuit a hobby. A baby bounty is offered to our employees as well, granting 1000 BGN upon the birth of a child.
Our in-house training and development team deliver fantastic support in terms of developing your skills and helping you progress your career. In the office there is always free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks. In addition, we contribute a certain amount to the transportation and lunch expenses of our employees.
Our employees can always enrol to our sports program, and in terms of relaxation we have a playroom, including a PlayStation and a pool table. Our social team organise great events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
Stars Interactive is a division of The Stars Group, ultimate owner of industry leading gaming brands including PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, PokerStars Championship, PokerStars Festival and MEGASTACK. Collectively, these brands have more than 111 million registered customers, forming one of the largest online gaming businesses in the world. We provide gaming experiences designed to make our platforms the favorite iGaming destinations for customers everywhere. This role is in the Group’s Bulgaria service office in the Stars Technology department.