Our web team is looking for passionate, innovative Senior Software Developers who are keen to work and lead projects for innovative web based products used by millions of players. You will be developing and maintaining systems that strive to be the best in class. If you enjoy working with code and are motivated by working in a creative environment that allows you to build software using the latest technologies, our role is designed for you. As one of our highly skilled Developers, you will help define and analyze business requirements and implement solutions to business needs, ensuring their completion by putting together a robust end to end process. You will also maintain our existing systems, develop new system applications and improve functionality to ensure high quality in any software releases. You will also become an expert in technologies that drive internet giants like Twitter and Netflix.
• Collaborate with other engineers and architects to develop highly scalable distributed systems that handle high volumes of financial and gaming transactions in a high load environment.
• Analyze business requirements and assist with development of technical requirements to meet the goals laid out in the business requirements.
• Participate in open discussions about architecting solutions to satisfy the business and technical requirements.
• Implement, document and unit test code that implements the functionality required by the business to meet business objectives.
• Coordinate with load testing and QA teams and work with them together as a team to produce quality software with 99.999% uptime.
Skills and Capabilities
• Bachelor’s or Masters Degree in either Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics
• More than five years developing backend REST software for high load environments.
• Exceptional understanding of object oriented and functional programming.
• Expertise in Java 8, including streams and lambdas..
• Experience with SQL and writing performant complex queries and architecting data solutions in high concurrency environments.
• Not just willingness but eagerness to learn new technologies and techniques that are cutting edge including functional programming for distributed systems, actor systems.
• Understanding of REST as well as Web Socket based infrastructures including HTTP 2.0.
• Eagerness to work in a team and as a team to solve problems but without requiring micromanagement.
• Eagerness to act as a mentor and lead to other developers of less experience.
• Solid communication skills including excellent English language skills, solid writing skills and solid people skills.
• Highly motivate developer who is passionate about writing good code.
• Good working knowledge of any of Erlang, Elixir, Scala and Akka
• Knowledge of Gaming industry is a big advantage.
• Focus on the customer
• Work as a team
• Strive for excellence
• Have courage
• Show passion
“The best Company I have ever worked for: I have been working at The Stars Group full-time (More than a year). Great people, great benefits and amazing perks. The Company genuinely values its employees. Fun products. Amazing offices. Inspirational Leaders who are passionate about the brand and the product. Really friendly and down to earth CEO. My boss is great!” - Glass Door - published Jan 2015.
Stars Interactive is a division of The Stars Group, ultimate owner of industry leading gaming brands including PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, PokerStars Championship, PokerStars Festival and MEGASTACK. Collectively, these brands have more than 111 million registered customers, forming one of the largest online gaming businesses in the world. We provide gaming experiences designed to make our platforms the favorite iGaming destinations for customers everywhere. This role is in the Group’s Bulgaria service office in the Stars Technology department.