Collections Associate – Nordic Language
Overall purpose of job
This position takes responsibility for the collection of invoice process and uses analytical and investigative tools to manage an assigned customer base. Developing and maintaining a positive relationship with the client’s customers is essential to ensuring that cash collection activities meet the requirements of the Client. Measurements of success are reducing aged debt, maximising collection and collating high quality dispute information. You will also be responsible for routine telephone calls to delinquent customer accounts, and resolving problems that delay collections, including timely and effective communication with other departments.
• Contact customers by phone and other tools to ensure timely payment of all invoices, being pro-active to ensure an overdue situation does not occur.
• Develop and maintain professional relationship with internal and external clients.
• Ensure that the collections processes followed are in adherence with Sarbanes/Oxley procedures.
• Promptly provide customer payment remittances to Accenture’s cash applications team.
• Produce monthly statements in line with client processes and SOX procedures.
• Meet weekly/monthly collections targets and all SLA’s.
• Escalate to management dispute information to a high degree of quality as required in accordance with escalation policy.
• Produce monthly statements to send to customers in line with clients SOX processes.
• Flexible working hours are required during client specified key periods (month end)
• Record all collections activities in a consistent manner as per client process.
• 6 months – 1 years collections or accounts payable experience/customer care/sales experience in an international environment
• Strong interpersonal /business skills both oral and written with very good telephone skills
• Ability to work on own initiative in a Team environment.
• Good organisational & time management skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• Analytical approach / good problem solving skills
• Excellent reporting skills
• Competent in Microsoft Office
• Ability to establish and maintain key relationships.
• Fluency in English and Nordic Language (Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish or Danish)
• Third level qualification will be an advantage but not essential
• Intermediate Excel an advantage, but not essential
• SAP experience is preferred
• Sarbanes/Oxley knowledge preferable but not essential
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 373,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Please also note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.